2021-2022 Dance Team Tryouts
FOR ACADEMIC YEAR 21-22 INCOMING FRESHMAN – INCOMING SENIORS
Becoming a Waukesha South Varsity Dancer is where all the fun begins! As a dance team member, you will attend camps, games, pep rallies, competitions, and many other exciting events! We are a co-ed program and welcome ALL Waukesha South students who are interested in dancing to try out.
Dance is a demanding sport. Our season begins in May and does not end until March or April, with practices and games throughout each week. As a top representative of Waukesha South, you will become a role model to many. You are required to keep good grades, be respectful, have a positive attitude, and be a role model in your school and in your community. Your grades will be considered in your tryout.
No experience is required to tryout for our team. Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Varsity Coach Kathy Murphy-Ott at email@example.com or Spirit Program Coordinator, Sara Dood at firstname.lastname@example.org
2021 Tryout Dates
Tryout Day 1: Monday, May 3, 2021 5:00 – 7:00pm
- Learn tryout Material as a group (dance & skills)
Tryout Day 2: Tuesday, May 4, 2021 5:00 – 7:00pm
- Review materials learned on Day 1 and try dance to music
Tryout Day 3: Thursday, May 6, 2021 5:00 – 7:00pm
- Perform tryout material for a panel of judges in a group of 3-4 people
- You must exit the school once your tryout is finished
Results Posted: Friday, May 7, 2021
- Results posted to this website under the More > 2021-22 WSHS Dance Team Tryouts > Results tab
The below 4 items are all required in order to tryout! The Tryout Application and Tryout and COVID Waivers are due the first day of tryouts on May 3. Your Teacher Recommendation is due by May 6 – Make sure to give your teachers plenty of time to complete this!!
- Your tryout packet must be submitted by the deadline in order to be eligible for tryouts. Athletes who tryout but did not complete the packet will not be judged.
- All tryout submissions will be judged by the same panel of judges.
- Masks and temperature checks will be required at all Tryout dates. No exceptions.
- If you can not make the tryout dates, you can tryout virtually by sending in videos of the dance and required skills. Please email the coach if you will be submitting your tryout virtually to get the materials. You will be sent the materials on May 3rd and will have until May 6th at 5pm to submit them. More info can be found in the Tryout Information Packet. Late submissions will not be accepted.