FRESHMEN MENTOR PROGRAM
WHAT IS THE FRESHMAN MENTOR PROGRAM?
The Freshman Mentor Program is a comprehensive transition program that provides each Freshman with a support group that consists of FMP Student Mentors, a faculty advisor, and a school counselor. Student Mentors are “trusted guides” to Freshmen. They provide an ongoing orientation process that enables Freshmen to become familiar Wit with policies, procedures, programs and traditions at Waukesha South High School.
WHAT CHARACTERISTICS SHOULD A FRESHMAN MENTOR EXHIBIT?
- Be able to clearly define expectations and goals for Mentee
- Be skilled in leadership
- Be able to communicate with Mentee regarding social, person and academic needs
- Be a positive role model and academically proficient
- Have a sincere interest in helping freshman and who are committed to building a trusting relationship with each of their Freshmen Mentees
- Be knowledgeable about Waukesha South High School’s traditions, policies, procedures, programs and co-curricular opportunities and physical layout
WHAT IS THE TIME COMMITMENT?
Starting November – Date TBD
FMP Training Day:
Team Building, Leadership and Set-up for Freshman Orientation
Wednesday, August 28, 2019
10:00 am-1:00 pm
Freshman Orientation Day:
Thursday, August 29, 2019
Email your Freshmen Mentees Daily during first week of school
Encourage your Mentees to get actively involved in Homecoming
CONTACT MRS. BAUER AT firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
PLEASE CLICK ON LINK BELOW FOR VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES OR AS I LIKE TO CALL THEM TEAM BONDING ACTIVITIES
WOW!!!! 200+ HYGIENE BAGS MADE FOR THE HOMELESS
AWESOME JOB MENTORS!