FRESHMAN IGNITION – MENTORING AT SOUTH
WHAT IS THE FRESHMAN IGNITION PROGRAM?
The Freshman Ignition Program is a comprehensive training program that provides each Freshman with a support group that consists of Freshman Ignition Student Mentors and a faculty member. Student Mentors are “trusted guides” to Freshmen. They provide an ongoing orientation process that enables Freshmen to become familiar with policies, procedures, programs, and traditions at Waukesha South High School.
WHAT CHARACTERISTICS SHOULD A FRESHMAN MENTOR EXHIBIT?
- Be able to clearly define expectations and goals for Mentee
- Be skilled in leadership
- Be able to communicate with Mentee regarding social, person, and academic needs
- Be positive role model and academically proficient
- Have a sincere interest in helping freshman and who are committed to building a trusting relationship with each of their Freshmen Mentees
- Be knowledgeable about Waukesha South High School’s traditions, policies, procedures, programs and co-curricular opportunities and physical layout.
WHAT IS THE TIME COMMITMENT?
Monthly Meeting – Starting September – Date TBD
FMP Training Day:
Friday, August 28th (9:00 to 2:00 PM – 30 Minute Time-Slots)
Freshman First Day:
Monday, August 31st (8:00 to 12:30 PM – 15 Minute Time-Slots)
**Email your Freshmen Mentees Daily during the first week of school and throughout the year with important school related information.**
Thursday, January, 28th – 11:30 to 11:45 AM (WebEx)
Thursday, February 11th – 11:30 to 11:45 AM (WebEx)
Thursday March 11th – 11:30 to 11:45 AM (WebEx)
Thursday, April 8th – 11:30 to 11:45 AM (WebEx)
Thursday, May 20th – 11:30 to 11:45 AM (WebEx)
CONTACT MR. RAJSICH AT email@example.com with any questions
PLEASE CLICK ON LINK FOR VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES – FRESHMEN MENTOR VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES