Here is the 2018 Prom Information!
Prom will be held on Saturday, April 21st.
Grand March – South HS Auditorium/ 5:30pm – 6:30pm
● All Prom attendees are encouraged to come be announced and promenade across the stage for a photo with the theme of the evening. All dance attendees, family and friends are welcome to this event as it is free.
Prom (Dinner & Dance) / Milwaukee Marriott West / W231N1600 Corporate Ct. Waukesha, WI 53186
- 6:40pm – 7:00pm is Check-In
- 7pm – 8pm Dinner will be served
- 8pm-11pm Dancing
- Tickets will be on sale Monday, March 19th – Friday, April 13th in the Athletic/Activities Office. Tickets are $60.00 for a single and $120.00 for a couple. (note: this includes dinner) There will be no tickets sold at PROM.
- Guests cannot be more than one year removed from their High School graduation.
- South students are welcome to come to the dance. If a South student wants to bring a student from another school, a guest pass must be filled out prior to the dance. The dance guest pass needs to be signed by both students’ parents, the administration from the guests school, and the South administration. Guest Forms can be found on the school’s website under the Student Services tab, or by downloading it HERE. The guest passes are due: Monday, April 9th at 3:05 PM in the Assistant Principal’s Office. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
- All students and guests that are going to the dance must have a parent/guardian fill out a dance conduct form before they purchase tickets. The forms will be available at www.waukeshasouth.com,under the student services tab or by downloading it HERE
- Prom is considered a formal event. Dress needs to be formal; tuxedos and evening gowns. The school dress code does apply as this is a school sponsored activity.
- Personal belongings (purses, cameras, jackets, electronic items, etc.) must be checked into the coat check-in. We are not allowed to check-in shoes into the coat check-in area. Staff will monitor this area; however the school is not responsible for these personal belongings. Students with specific medical needs will be allowed to keep appropriate personal items with them.
- Please do not arrive early to the dance. Check-in will start at 6:40 PM. Students who arrive early will have to wait outside.
- Students who leave the dance for any reason will not be admitted back into Prom.
- All students and guests must have their student ID to enter PROM at the Marriott.
- All school rules apply at the dance. BE RESPONSIBLE, BE RESPECTFUL, BE READY, BE A BLACKSHIRT
- Each dance attendee will be given a red bracelet that is to be worn throughout the dance. All dance attendees must refrain from inappropriate types of dancing. Chaperones have the right to cut off the bracelet at any time. Taking off a student’s wrist band is a warning. If the student needs to be addressed a second time for inappropriate behavior, they will be asked to leave and a parent will be contacted.
- We will be conducting random breathalyzers at the entrance to the dance. Each student will pick from a bag of chips. If a student receives a blue chip, they will be given a Breathalyzer from a Waukesha Police Department Officer.
- The dance ticket price includes a catered dinner, dancing, photo booth, and gift.
- All students and their guests must leave promptly at 11:00PM. Please make arrangements for that time.
Finally, a big thank you to all the teachers and support staff who will be giving up their Saturday night to make sure the students stay safe and have a great time. We appreciate your cooperation and if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Prom Advisor, Ms. Gildersleeve.
For a printable download of this page, click here: Student Parent PROM Announcment Info.
Advisor: Courtnay Gildersleeve firstname.lastname@example.org