Here is the 2019 Prom Information! We will update this page as more information is shared!
Prom will be held on Saturday, April 6th!
Grand March – April 6, 2019 / South HS Auditorium/ 5:45pm – 6:30pm
- All Prom attendees are encouraged to come be announced and promenade across the stage for a photo opportunity. All dance attendees, family and friends are welcome to this event as it is free.
Prom – April 6, 2019 / Milwaukee Marriott West / W231N1600 Corporate Ct. Waukesha, WI 53186
- 6:45pm – 7:00pm is Check-In
- 7pm – 8pm Dinner will be served
- 8pm-11pm Dancing
- Tickets will be on sale Monday, March 4th – Monday, March 18th in the Athletic/Activities Office. Tickets are $70.00 for a single and $140.00 for a couple. There will be NO tickets sold at PROM.
- Guests cannot be more than one year removed from their High School graduation.
- South students are welcome to come to the dance. If a South student wants to bring a student from another school, a guest pass must be filled out prior to the dance. The dance guest pass needs to be signed by both students’ parents, the administration from the guests school, and the South administration. Guest passes are due: Monday, March 18th at 3:05 PM in the Assistant Principal’s Office. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
- All students and guests that are going to the dance must have a parent/guardian fill out a dance conduct form before they purchase tickets.
- You can download BOTH forms HERE. (The Permission Slip is first, and the the Guest form is the next page of the document.)
- Prom is considered a formal event. Dress needs to be formal; tuxedos and evening gowns. The school dress code does apply as this is a school-sponsored activity.
- Personal belongings (purses, cameras, jackets, electronic items, etc.) can be hung in the coat room. No shoes will be allowed in the coat room. Staff will monitor this area; however the school is not responsible for these personal belongings. Students with specific medical needs will be allowed to keep appropriate personal items with them.
- Do not arrive early to the dance. Check-in will start at 6:45 PM. Students who arrive early will have to wait outside.
- Students who leave the dance for any reason will not be admitted back into Prom.
- All students and guests must have their PROM TICKET to enter PROM at the Marriott.
- All school rules apply at the dance. BE RESPONSIBLE, BE RESPECTFUL, BE READY, BE A BLACKSHIRT
- Each dance attendee will be given a bracelet that is to be worn throughout the dance. All dance attendees must refrain from inappropriate types of dancing. Chaperones have the right to cut off the bracelet at any time. Taking off a student’s bracelet is a warning. If the student needs to be addressed a second time for inappropriate behavior, they will be asked to leave and a parent will be contacted.
- We will be conducting random breathalyzers at the entrance to the dance. Each student will pick from a bag of chips. If a student receives a blue chip, they will be given a Breathalyzer from a Waukesha Police Department Officer.
- The dance ticket price includes a catered dinner, dancing, photo booth, and gift.
- All students and their guests must leave promptly at 11:00PM. Please make arrangements for that time.
Finally, a big thank you to all the teachers and support staff who will be giving up their Saturday night to make sure the students stay safe and have a great time. We appreciate your cooperation and if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Prom Advisor, Ms. Gildersleeve.
Advisor: Courtnay Gildersleeve firstname.lastname@example.org